Ref. No.: As per norms in appendix-6 of AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2019-20, Establishment of Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) (As per Section 4 All India Council for Technical Education (Gender Sensitization, Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students and Redressal of Grievances in Technical Institutions) Regulations, 2016 vide No. F. AICTE/ WH/ 2016/ 01 dated 10th June, 2016.
With reference to above, Women’s Grievance Redressal Committee/Internal Complaint Committee (ICC)/Gender Sensitization Committee Against Sexual Harassment (GSCASH) is formed to resolve all the matter related to female faculty members, staff members and students in campus.
TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND STUDENTS
- Protection against sexual harassment and the right to work with dignity in respect of women employees are universally recognized rights. To provide protection against sexual harassment of women and students at work place and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 has been enacted by the Government of India with effect from 09 December 2013.
- The undersigned is nominated and directed to inform to all employees that in pursuance of Section 4 of ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’, the internal complaint committee (ICC)/GSCASH of ABESIT College of Pharmacy, Ghaziabad is constituted with the following members:-
Women Grievance Redressal Committee/ICC/GSCASH
||Position in committee
||Ms. Harneet Marwah
||Ms. Nisha Nair
||Mr. Malay Choudhary
||Ms. Jyoti Thakur
||Warden, Girls’ Hostel
Ms. Pratibha Singh,
General Secretary, Ssheetal Prathom Aahaar Society.
||Mr. Karam Chand
||Non Teaching Staff
||Ms. Sameeksha Srivastava
||Student (B.Pharn.Ist. Yr.)
- Responsibilities of Women’s Grievance Redressal Committee/Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) or GSCASH –
- Provide assistance if an employee or a student chooses to file a complaint with the police;
- Provide mechanisms of dispute redressal and dialogue to anticipate and address issues through just and fair conciliation without undermining complainant’s rights, and minimize the need for purely punitive approaches that lead to further resentment, alienation or violence;
- Protect the safety of the complainant by not divulging the person’s identity, and provide the mandatory relief by way of sanctioned leave or relaxation of attendance requirement or transfer to another department or supervisor as required during the pendency of the complaint, or also provide for the transfer of the offender;
- Ensure that victims or witnesses are not victimized or discriminated against while dealing with complaints of sexual harassment; and
- Ensure prohibition of retaliation or adverse action against a covered individual because the employee or the student is engaged in protected activity.
- The committee will come into force with immediate effect and will remain operative for the due tenure (for three years) from its reconstitution date i.e. 15/06/2019.
- The committee will function in accordance with the provisions of All India Council for Technical Education (Gender Sensitization, Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students and Redressal of Grievances in Technical Institutions) regulations, 2016.